There’s no doubt about it—small group (or home group) leadership is rightly seen as an indispensable ministry. But what’s your goal as a leader? What’s your job description, and what does that job actually look like week by week?
Over the five sessions of this foundational training course, Tony Payne and Marty Sweeney help you understand what small groups really are and how they work. They outline key aspects of your role as a small group leader, including:
• prayerfully understanding and applying God’s word to yourself
• preparing to lead others to God’s word
• leading the discussion
• leading the group in prayer.
They also provide practical tips on how to get started and grow in all four of these aspects. Based on the biblical principles outlined in The Trellis and the Vine, the course is an excellent introduction for new small group leaders, and a valuable refresher for those who have been leading for a while. This workbook also includes 10 bonus articles about a variety of practical facets of small group ministry. To run this course, you will need:
• a copy of this workbook for each participant
• access to the video segments (available on DVD or online).