God's big plan, Paul tells the Ephesians, is to unite all things in Christ (Eph 1:10). And as the letter unfolds, it becomes clear that Jesus is not only the centre and goal of that unity, but the one who achieved it—on the cross.
He himself is our peace, says Paul. In his death and resurrection, Jesus smashed down all the barriers of sin and hostility that divide us from God and from one another, and freed us to live a new Spirit-filled life of love, thanksgiving and unity.
In He Is Our Peace, well-known British preacher and author David Jackman is our wise and helpful guide through Paul's majestic letter to the Ephesians.
- Clear vision (Ephesians 1:1-14)
- Christ triumphant (Ephesians 1:15-23)
- Radical change (Ephesians 2:1-10)
- One new man (Ephesians 2:11-22)
- Manifold wisdom (Ephesians 3)
- Active unity (Ephesians 4:1-16)
- Renewed minds (Ephesians 4:17-5:2)
- Godly living (Ephesians 5:3-21)
- Family circles (Ephesians 5:22-6:9)
- Spiritual warfare (Ephesians 6:10-24)